Wednesday, May 19, 2010

AAAAARH! What Have They Done?




It was "crazy hair" day at my grandson's day care, and this is what they did to him! He apparently wasn't too impressed. It reminded me of when his daddy and aunty were little, they were both very bald (my father nicknamed them a "bucket of whitebait" because they were all big blue eyes looking out of the twin stroller) Anyway people used to stop me to admire the babies, and on being told they were boy and girl, assumed Sam was the girl because he had a little more hair than Laurel. So, as soon as I could drag Laurel's hair up into a top knot, I did so, denoting her as the girl.......only trouble was, when Sam saw it he wanted one too! :D He tried a dress once too, but I think he decided that it was too inhibiting for boisterous play (or is that "boysterous"?)




Late yesterday I walked with Lily down to the lake, it had been a gorgeous Autumn day and (very rarely for Tasmania) there wasn't a breath of wind, so I knew it would be lovely to watch the sunset over the water. As we strolled along, the pastels of the sunset were reflected perfectly in the still waters of the lake. We saw a group of swans, they were calling out to each other and their voices carried easily over the glassy surface. There were trout leaping, breaking the surface with mighty splashes as they fell back into the water. I love these gentle autumn days, there's a little bit a sadness and introspection about them as the days draw in, but there comes with them the welcome relief from summer's arid heat. The only thing that spoiled the idyll, was the clamour of logging operations in the distance, the noise carried rather loudly through the still air over the lake.

3 comments:

  1. Too funny! Even with the pig tails, he still looks all boy, what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure is! And I'm getting him this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!! My hubby went to a house last week where the little boy had a little girl over to play and she was a fairy, so he was too.....fairy outfit, hairback and up, everything spot on.....his mum said she hoped that one day he would grow out of it!!!!! Hehehe!
    It is only when you are a kid you can have so much FUN!!

    ReplyDelete