Friday, February 18, 2011

On A Train

All the way from Arizona

Now a pendant
Last year I travelled by train from London to Suffolk to visit my cousin Jane, and other members of my extended family. After sitting and chatting for a while, I realised that I had lost the dangle from one of my ear-rings. It was a pair of Navajo sterling silver, fetish style bears that I'd had, and worn for many years. I was pretty devastated by the loss, I was really attached to those  ear-rings and missed them terribly. I while back I decided to do a bit of an internet search to see if I could find something to replace them with. Yesterday these came in the mail, all the way from  eScape Market in Arizona. They are just beautiful! Gorgeous stylised, sterling silver bears inlaid with my favourite stone. It's amazing that such a simple thing can make a person feel whole. I'd been wearing those bears for so long and the loss of one of them affected me more deeply than I expected. I'm wearing these new ones now and they're making me feel so right! I've taken the bear remaining from the original set and added a silver jump ring and I've hung it from a silver choker. So now I can still wear it as a pendant. I could spend hours trawling through eScape Market, they have a wonderful range of Navajo and Zuni Indian jewelery, pottery and other crafts. Take a look, you might find something you "need"!

11 comments:

  1. your new pendant sounds really nice, i like the form of this piece, slightly curled up, nice expression of the bear's silhouette.
    btw, i' m curious on the arrow on their back, is there any meaning behind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susana, it's the life force of the animal spirit, the heart line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you the clever one Linda ... now you have a beautiful set to wear. Each piece bringing some beautiful memories together.
    Warmest Hugs,
    Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears and Bearly Sane Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. oic, thanks for telling me this symbolic meaning (o:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Действительно красивые украшения! Очень рада, что теперь вы не потеряли, а нашли! Теперь они всегда будут с вами!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love them. I wear a Navajo bear pendant. It is my favorite piece of jewelry.

    Now you need to make a trip out here and shop in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd LOVE to do that, Joanne! Trouble is I'd have to bring such a big wad with me! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's so pity you'd lost your one bear, it's really beautiful! But the new ones are also very nice!!
    ..My mother had lost her 2 golden rings from 1 finger few days ago.. she is really VERY upset, because the first one was her grandmothers', with the engraving inside, and the other one was with small diamond, the gift from my step-father..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You would and you wouldn't. You can take a drive up through the reservations and buy from people standing on the sides of the roads. No middle men here in AZ. One of my favorite necklaces I bought like that on the way to the Grand Canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. agree with Joanne, last time on the way up to the south rim of Grand Canyon, there' re some handcrafts by the Indians who sell them directly, without any middleman, come up with reasonable price. they are nice to talk to, i got a beaded phone pendant from them :))
    worth to go!

    ReplyDelete